Monday, 7 September 2026

The debts are piling up

 **Verse 1**


The debts are piling up,

The letters through the door,

I count the coins upon the table,

Then I count them once more.


I've got no bud,

Got no hope cos I've got no dope,

The walls are slowly breathing,

And I'm hanging by a thread of hope.


**Chorus**


I'm trying to save up for a trip to Athens,

Dreaming of the sunlight on the stone,

But when the night comes crawling through my window,

I don't want to be here on my own.


So I'll take a trip inside,

Where the colours slowly change,

Ride the waves inside my mind,

Till I find my way again.


**Verse 2**


The ceiling turns to purple,

The shadows start to sway,

I hear the distant traffic

Like an ocean far away.


I've got nowhere to run to,

I've got nowhere left to hide,

So I close my eyes and wander

To another place inside.


**Chorus**


I'm trying to save up for a trip to Athens,

Dreaming of the sunlight on the stone,

But when the night comes crawling through my window,

I don't want to be here on my own.


So I'll take a trip inside,

Where the colours slowly change,

Ride the waves inside my mind,

Till I find my way again.


**Bridge**


Maybe Athens isn't somewhere

You can reach upon a train,

Maybe sometimes getting through the darkness

Is the journey just the same.


And somewhere in the distance

There's a morning I can see,

A little piece of sunlight

Waiting there for me.


**Final Chorus**


I'm trying to save up for a trip to Athens,

Maybe I'll get there someday soon,

Walking through the ancient streets at sunrise,

Underneath a strange and beautiful moon.


I won't take the final trip tonight,

I'll let the restless feeling pass,

I'll take a trip inside my imagination

And wait for morning to arrive at last.


No comments:

Post a Comment