**Save the Last Spliff**
**Verse 1**
The television whispers
To a room that's gone to sleep,
Streetlights paint the ceiling
In a colour cold and deep.
The bills are on the table,
Like little ghosts in rows,
And every passing minute
Is somewhere that nobody goes.
I've been staring at the window
Watching strangers disappear,
Everybody's going somewhere,
I don't know why I'm still here.
**Pre-Chorus**
So turn the lights down slowly,
Let the evening lose its shape,
I've got nowhere I need to be,
And nothing left to chase.
**Chorus**
Save the last spliff for me,
When the night becomes too loud,
Let the smoke become a doorway
Through the noise and through the crowd.
Save the last spliff for me,
Let the colours drift and spin,
Maybe somewhere in the silence
I can find myself again.
**Verse 2**
The ceiling starts to breathe now,
The wallpaper starts to swim,
A distant train is calling
From somewhere on the rim.
Athens is a postcard
Pinned beside my bed,
White walls beneath the sunlight,
Blue skies overhead.
I'm saving every penny
For a place I've never seen,
While dreaming of another world
Behind the television screen.
**Pre-Chorus**
And maybe I don't need to run,
Maybe I don't need to hide,
Maybe there's another way
To take a journey inside.
**Chorus**
Save the last spliff for me,
When the night becomes too loud,
Let the smoke become a doorway
Through the noise and through the crowd.
Save the last spliff for me,
Let the colours drift and spin,
Maybe somewhere in the silence
I can find myself again.
**Bridge**
Don't tell me that tomorrow
Will be better than today,
I've heard that song a thousand times
And watched the years decay.
Just sit beside me quietly,
You don't have to understand,
Sometimes all a broken heart needs
Is another human hand.
**Psychedelic Outro**
The room is turning silver,
The shadows turn to gold,
The clock becomes a carousel,
The future becomes old.
Athens waits beyond the morning,
The sea is somewhere blue,
And for a moment in the darkness
I can almost make it through.
Save the last spliff for me...
Save the last spliff for me...
But when the morning finds me,
I'll put my shoes beside the door,
Maybe I'll step outside again,
Maybe I'll see a little more.
Save the last spliff for me...
Tonight I'm staying here.
Tomorrow is another day,
And tomorrow can come near.
No comments:
Post a Comment