# 💜 Purple Hearts
* A song about the Mods, the midnight rush, and the morning after *
Verse 1 — The Purple Glow
Purple hearts beneath the city lights, Dancing shadows through the Friday nights, A silver scooter humming down the street, A thousand restless hearts that never missed a beat.
There’s a fire in my veins, a spark behind my eyes, The whole world feels electric, I could touch the skies, Every word comes easy, every face a friend, I feel like I could dance until the weekend ends.
Chorus — Purple Hearts
Oh, purple hearts, take me away, Make me feel invincible, make me king today, With a racing mind and a heart that flies, I’m chasing forever underneath these skies.
Oh, purple hearts, that beautiful lie, You give me wings, then you leave me dry, From the highest heaven to the coldest blue, I lose myself in the things you do.
Verse 2 — The Weekend Warriors
The record spins around, the dance floor starts to sway, I feel no need for sleep, I could go on all day, My mind is sharp as diamonds, my confidence is gold, I’m living every moment like I’ll never grow old.
The music sounds like thunder, the lights begin to blur, Every little feeling seems a thousand times more sure, I laugh a little louder, I talk a little fast, I want to hold this feeling, I want to make it last.
Chorus — Purple Hearts
Oh, purple hearts, take me away, Make me feel invincible, make me king today, With a racing mind and a heart that flies, I’m chasing forever underneath these skies.
Oh, purple hearts, that beautiful lie, You give me wings, then you leave me dry, From the highest heaven to the coldest blue, I lose myself in the things you do.
Verse 3 — The Cracks in the Morning
But Sunday morning whispers, and the room turns grey, The magic that I borrowed starts to fade away, My laughter turns to silence, my confidence to fear, The music's stopped, the night is gone, and loneliness is here.
My body feels like lead now, my thoughts are running wild, The world that seemed so wonderful feels cruel and undefiled, I gave away my sleep to chase a golden flame, And now I'm standing in the darkness, barely feeling the same.
Bridge — The Price of the High
Was it happiness I wanted, or a place to hide? Was it freedom that I tasted, or a prison deep inside? For a little while, the world was mine, Every second glittered, every star did shine.
But no chemical can promise that the good times never end, And the thing that feels like magic may become your closest friend That turns against you slowly when the daylight comes around, Leaving only tired hearts where the purple lights once shone down.
Final Chorus — Purple Hearts
Oh, purple hearts, where did you go? You made me feel like fire, then you left me cold, I was dancing with the angels, I was flying through the night, Now I'm searching for the person I was underneath the lights.
Oh, purple hearts, your spell has been cast, A moment of forever that was never meant to last, From the Mods upon their scooters to the dawn's first pale blue, There's a price for chasing feelings that can never stay true.
Outro — When the Music Fades
Purple hearts, beneath the moon, The morning always comes too soon, A racing heart, a fading dream, Nothing's ever quite as perfect as it seems.
The records stop, the streets grow still, The night gives back what the night can steal, And somewhere in the silence, I begin to see The feeling I was chasing wasn't setting me free.
No comments:
Post a Comment